Aller au contenu

Snaps de David JONATHAN & Dan HARLAN

• Thomas changed the title to Snaps de Dan HARLAN
Le 02/03/2020 à 11:09, Alex' a dit :

Un air d'Omnitool ?

La réponse de @Julien LOSAis sur le Magic Cafe 

Citation

Hello!

I'm Julien, the creator of Omnitool. (Also, I'm basically no one as I rarely publish things in english and rarely hang out with the magic community 🤷🏻‍♂️😊)

First of, thanks for the support for my ideas/products, it's always appreciated.

Then, yep, last night a friend sent me a link to the trailer of Snaps, and... I froze. 😅

That being said, I've watched the introduction video and while the concept are similar indeed (letters represented by object - the fact that they are photographs or drawings is actually irrelevant. I still prefer mine because I believe using "flashcards to learn a langage" is more organic. But its my opinion), it seems we use it in completely different ways : I use mine for mindreading/memory stunt/reading/Q&A, when Dan Harlan and David Jonathan seem to focus on card magic and some mental magic.
I found it even very funny that I say in my manuscript "please refrain from using those to reveal words with the letters/objects on the cards" when Dan Harlan and David Jonathan took the concept to cardmagic and...using it exactly this way. 😁

So anyway, there's no grudge here 😊 also, I was in discussion with a magic shop to finally release Omnitool in english language (i released it in august 2017 in french, then had it translated and shared it for the past 2 years with a good bunch of magicians/mindreaders out there), so everything's is ok. 2 products with similarities but 2 products completely different.

I'll be more than happy to buy a copy of Snaps. 😊

One thing though :
David Jonathan said "Also, the initial principle of letters hiding within symbols, graphics or drawings dates back to Max Maven from well over 30 years ago."
Actually, no : when looking for credits for Omnitool, because I knew the concept "letters in drawings" was definitely not a new concept, I traced this back to 1460... Jacobus Publicius "Ars memorativa".

Best,
Julien

• J'aime 3

🎩 Rejoignez notre prestigieux cercle de magiciens & de mentalistes ! ✨

Accéder à la plus grande collection francophone de vidéos de magie 🎩
Profitez d'Afters exclusifs, recevez 500€ de tours OFFERTS, revendez vos produits d'occasion ou encore accédez à la fameuse Chambre des Secrets... 🌟

🤩 Ne résistez plus et découvrez tous les secrets ! 🎩🌟

Il y a 6 heures, Thomas a dit :

La réponse de @Julien LOSAis sur le Magic Cafe 

J'adore les créations de Julien losa dont omnitool mais là je trouve snaps beaucoup plus élaboré et Cali les photos pour moi ont un rendu bcp plus organique que des dessins 

Mais omnitool est une pépite permettant de faire pratiquement une heure de spectacle a lui tout seul c'est tout simplement fantastique 

A voir si les routines de snaps tiennent la route

Rejoins la conversation !

Tu peux publier maintenant et t'enregistrer plus tard. Si tu as un compte, connecte-toi maintenant pour publier avec ton identité.

Invité
Répondre à ce sujet…

×   Vous avez collé du contenu avec mise en forme.   Restaurer la mise en forme

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Votre lien a été automatiquement intégré.   Afficher plutôt comme un lien

×   Votre contenu précédemment saisis, a été restauré..   Effacer le contenu

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Créer...