Aller au contenu

Book Test YEARBOOK - Outlaw Effects

Grégory LCMBL

Bonjour,

Tout est dans le titre, je vends ce book test différent : ce n'est pas un book test classique dans le sens ou vous devinerez un mot pensé par le spectateur. Vous emmènerez plutôt celui-ci dans une mystérieuse histoire de meurtre, le livre (à l'aspect vieilli et hyper réaliste)  contenant alors d'étranges particularités par rapport à cette histoire que votre public découvrira petit à petit. De quoi créer une ambiance frissonnante!

Fourni avec l'histoire, un aticle de journal et les explications en PDF (comme ce que l'on reçoit à l'achat via outlaw), en anglais donc, mais le livre est majoritairement constitué d'images et de peu de texte. -> Facilement adaptable en français. Photos possibles sur demande.

Le livre est en "parfait état" (dans l'état vieilli comme fourni par Outlaw, c'est normal évidemment :D). C'est une édition limitée à 150 exemplaires, il est fourni avec son petit certificat (numéroté) d'authenticité Outlaw.

95€ fdpi. (paypal)

Texas, 1955

The weather had been hot for weeks. Still spring though. Didn't seem to matter to Mother Nature. She turned on the heat that May and didn't want to let go of the switch.

Suddenly, in the middle of all that heat, a storm blew in; cold one at that. Down right chill in the air. Some just thought it was quick relief from the sweltering heat that was surely a sign of a torrid summer to come. Some thought it was a sign of something worse, an omen of sorts. Texas is strange that way...
Some were right.

The storm passed quickly and quietly... but something happened in Texas that night back in 1955 and it was not quiet. No, not quiet at all.

She was the senior class president. She was a beauty, friendly and smart too. She was on the debate team and she was a member of the chess club.

Sadly, she was also on someones mind; someone close; someone that just could not stop thinking about her.

They say that jealousy can overpower the soul. Make seemingly normal upstanding people do, well lets just say, things out of nature for them. This was more than that of course, much much more.

People forget, people move away and time moves on, but here in this town there are some things you just can't get away from. The ghosts remain. Its all still there. The whole sad story for anyone to see. Right there between the pages of that odd old yearbook.

We created Yearbook because of the fantastic juxtaposition between an innocent object we all know, that is not only part of our culture, but a very memorable part of our lives.

Now take that "innocent" yearbook and give it a little "twist". "Something is not quite right. It looks like a yearbook inside, but there is something "off" about it. Yes, it is a mis-print and does look a little odd, but there is much more that is rather strange?.
This yearbook was never distributed to the students. The first run came off the printer and they were stamped "Mis-Print Not for distribution".

A somewhat seemingly normal yearbook, yet if you know the truth, you know that somehow this "Mis-Printed" book, has clues to a murder that happened at Garfield High that year, and a murder that occurred five years after the book was printed.

Considering that old yearbooks in general are kind of creepy, we created Yearbook to be one of the strangest bizarre/seance artifacts ever. A conduit to the spirit world...

There is a "booktest" built into YB. It will lead the spec to a very big clue.

Each book comes with an old newspaper article that is actually "The Key" to solving the mystery of the book.

The book, printed in black and white, is "old school" big—10.5 x 8.5—aged to reflect the seven decades that have passed since its appearance.

The embossed cover—which bears the school’s nickname, “The Guardians” and its symbol, an archangel holding a sword—is distressed and looks wicked creepy.

There is no violence depicted in the yearbook. The pictures are yearbook photos from the 50's, just, not like what you're used to seeing. They tell her story, Wanda's story. The story of who killed her and why.

There are easter eggs. Wanda came back and she brought things with her.

All Yearbook info, werks and ideas are on the private forum

Yearbook is a fictitious work.

Limited to 150 numbered units only

In stock and shipping now!

Magic Cafe critique #1:

At 10:31 I opened a package and found madness. Not a trick. Not trickery. But an artifact that questions one's very sanity.

To my knowledge, nothing like this book has been offered to the bizarre community. It is not a book test. It is not an effect. It is more like proof. Proof of life after death. Proof of vengeance from the grave.

I literally had goosebumps as I leafed through the pages, as Roth held his cards close to his chest regarding the details, and no one knew what to expect. Let's just say that if you were given no preamble and simply picked this book up off a table - and you would, as it is a fascinating and curious looking object - you'd leaf through the first several pages of the book, and find nothing unusual. And you'd be somewhat right, until you kept looking. Then you'd realize things were wrong. Very, very wrong. And the more you'd turn the pages, the more disorienting the contents would become. You'd begin to question what you were seeing, and even though you saw the stamp on the inside cover that read, "Mis-Print - Not for distribution," you'd wonder how a book like this ever came into being at all.

But aside from the book's disturbing content, Outlaw has provided a story that explains everything. Well, almost everything. You can choose whether the story is told first, before you present the yearbook, and the book becomes proof of what should be unprovable. Or, present the story after the book has been examined as an explanation of what should be unexplainable. Either way, the combination of the why and the what, or the what and the why, are a chilling gestalt.

Don't worry. Or maybe do worry. There is also a bit of trickery afoot with some built-in secrets that can add some heavenly frosting to this hellish cake. I don't think they drive this piece of theater, but they certainly can add to it. With this book, Outlaw has meticulously landscaped the perfect garden path to be led down. A path full of murky memories, reoccurring nightmares, wasted lives, lost souls, and found retribution. A dimly lit path, that leads to a very dark place.

Carefully look.

Magic Cafe critique #2:

I received my yearbook just a few days ago from Rick. I must say, kudos for a wonderful piece of preternatural history. I am drooling at presentational concepts centering on someone finding this book on my coffee table and asking me who I know from Garwald, Texas from 1955.

Rick really has created a possible object that was stored away for 60 years and then shown the light of day. (Did I say a possible object? The object, yes. The contents of that object? Let's just say there's a serious flaw in the printer's machine, and a very curious choice of photos. They don't seem very random, especially if you know anything of the "event" that happened one summer night in 1955.)

I cannot say enough about Rick's, Vic's, Rick Poppe and Gary's imagination and attention to minute details. This book passed the casual inspection of my significant other, and she know my predilection for magical props. I also love the fact that any internet snoops will find corroborating evidence at least on the killers executions and of Garfield Texas.
With Paul Prator's forthcoming contribution, all I can say is, " I am ready to become immersed into the world of Garfield Texas in 1955 via Yearbook!" Thanks Rick.

Magic Cafe critique #3:

I also received my pre-order of Yearbook last week. My dad has a yearbook from the early 50's and it looks just like this.
I showed it to my wife and it passed the wife test with flying colors, and I have many many bizarre props. What Outlaw has created here with yearbook, is a contemporary bizarre relic. An instantly recognizable object with a very dark secret for us to exploit.

The magic of yearbook is in the storytelling. Outlaw has taken the storytelling and "jazzing" aspects of Luna and given us a self contained modern vehicle by which to captivate our audience with. The second in their "coffee table" line after Ash.

and it keeps getting better. Yearbook will allow you to present, mystery, intrigue, murder, and the paranormal in your presentation. Great job guys!

Modifié par XyGreg

• Créer...