Aller au contenu

Titres ou Couvertures de Livres qui évoquent la magie

• 3 weeks plus tard...
  • 1 month plus tard...

Les Magiciens, de Lev Grossman :

Citation

Quentin Coldwater est comme tous les adolescents : mélancolique, incompris, prisonnier d’un monde désespérément barbant. Et voilà que sa vie est transformée du jour au lendemain quand il est recruté par Brakebills, une école conçue pour former les magiciens tels que lui. De quoi lui faire oublier Brooklyn et même les Chroniques de Fillory, les romans de fantasy où il se réfugiait pour tromper son ennui.

Imaginez Harry Potter écrit pour un public adulte, par un écrivain malicieux qui n’aurait oublié ni Les Chroniques de Narnia ni Le Seigneur des anneaux. C’est le défi que s’est lancé Lev Grossman, qui nous offre un roman haut en couleur, riche en rebondissements, où l’émerveillement côtoie la terreur et l’exaltation le désespoir existentiel… tempéré par une bonne dose d’ironie. Magiciens en herbe, professeurs excentriques, séduisantes sorcières, réfugiés du monde des fées se bousculent dans une intrigue complexe et haletante, où les impeccables pelouses d’une institution très british dissimulent des menaces d’outre-monde.

519yHUSYYmL.jpg

51qM22a++ML.jpg

511PNPj2WYL.jpg

• 3 weeks plus tard...
  • 5 weeks plus tard...

En page 66 de l'ouvrage est précisé que le nom de scène de Maurice Faier (Gérard Majax) a remplacé celui de David Seth Kotkin dit David Copperfield (titre de l’ouvrage de Dickens). Preuve que pour beaucoup (Clémentine Mélois, voir photo ci-dessous, est née en 1980...) Majax est encore LE magicien français auquel on pense en premier !

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSuPC86p92qxKYBw1TEEZf

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clémentine_Mélois

• J'aime 1

• 2 months plus tard...
Citation

The man with the spats rolled up his sleeves and proceeded to pluck a polished red billiard ball out of thin air. Presto! It vanished. Abracadabra! It reappeared. It turned white. it blushed red again. VoiIá! Suddenly there were four billiard balls between this amazing man's fingers.

I was stunned. All of this was happening right under my nose. And there was more. He flipped the deck into falling waterfalls of cards, spun them into fans, and thrust a sword through a shower of cards to impale the seven of diamonds -- selected a moment before.

I was dazzled. The moment he finished his act and ushered us gawkers back onto the sidewalk, I knew what I wanted to be. Someone else could be president of the United States.

I wanted to be a magician.

The Abracadabra Kid: A Writer's Life  par Sid Fleischman 

41JKYJBAD-L.jpg

Citation

Sid Fleischman, who started out life as a magician, has pulled off a truly magical feat with Abracadabra Kid; he has crafted a captivating and instructive book for kids about what it is like to be a writer. A prolific author and the winner of the Newbery Medal in 1987 for The Whipping Boy, Fleischman tells in engaging brisk style how he worked his way from boy magician to Hollywood scriptwriter to award-winning writer. His experiences and his dozen tips all combine to provide useful and inspiring fodder for aspiring young writers.

From Publishers Weekly
Newbery Medalist Fleischman (The Whipping Boy) seems to have been keeping his best trick up his sleeve all these years: himself. In this funny, poignant, insightful and thoroughly entertaining autobiography, he proves himself an effortless raconteur, possessed of a rapid-fire wit. Fleischman claims his path to the writing life was accidental ("I had a childhood much like everyone else's," he states. "What went wrong?"). Born in 1920, Fleischman's life in fact has been remarkable, touched by such major events as the Depression (during which he got his first job, fresh out of high school, as a magician) and WWII, where he served in the Navy ("I liked the idea even in war of sleeping between clean white sheets," he quips)?even the 1994 Los Angeles earthquake (which wreaked havoc at his home in Santa Monica). Chapter headings are followed by brief but memorable lines from fan letters ("When did you start writing? When are you going to stop?"), establishing the book's self-deprecating tone right from the start. Fleischman, who is generous with his writing tips, also shares a wonderful collection of memorabilia?from family photos to a handbill from the "Midnite Spook Frolic" vaudeville act he traveled with for two years, to a candid of John Wayne and Lauren Bacall on the set of Blood Alley, adapted from his novel of the same name. Alas, the final page comes all too soon. Encore, please! Ages 10-up.

s-l500.jpg

Modifié par Christian GIRARD

Rejoins la conversation !

Tu peux publier maintenant et t'enregistrer plus tard. Si tu as un compte, connecte-toi maintenant pour publier avec ton identité.

Invité
Répondre à ce sujet…

×   Vous avez collé du contenu avec mise en forme.   Restaurer la mise en forme

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Votre lien a été automatiquement intégré.   Afficher plutôt comme un lien

×   Votre contenu précédemment saisis, a été restauré..   Effacer le contenu

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Créer...